Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Secret Garden!!

For the past several years, I have hosted a plant swap or garden party. I look forward to hosting this event and sharing my home and garden with everyone.
This year, I felt it was time to do something different. A craft workshop where guests can enjoy good food and then create a piece of art all outside while enjoying my garden surroundings.

So I came up with this idea!

"A Secret Garden" India themed party!!

This is how I spent my day yesterday....

My very best friend flew in from Iowa for a visit and to help me prepare for the "event"..


of course she couldn't wait to get a head start on her box...



Then we set up for the party ...



We had Sari's, paper lanterns, incense and Indian music!!   It really looked beautiful!! Around 10:00 am everyone started arriving...

each person recieved a Bindi!!


Breakfast was served!! There was coffee of course, vanilla rose ice tea and mimosa's to drink. Artichoke frittata's, sausage & egg muffins. Scones and clotted cream, from the Scone Pony in Spring lake were out of this world!! Blueberry coffee cake, Bagels with an assortment of cream cheese & jam, strawberry fruit kabobs and deviled eggs!! A cherry cheescake and chocolate pudding cake!!

Everything was wonderful!!



After breakfast there was a scavanger hunt!! The grand prize was
"The secrect garden" book by Frances Hodgson Burnett! Which was won by MJ.


The the main event!! The challenge was to take a white box 4" x 4" square and create your own secret garden. The idea was, it is YOUR secret garden it could be whatever you want it to be....Anything goes!! and that is what they did!! There were Mermaids with Sea Shells, The Cheshire cat & Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Fairies & Unicorns, Birds in their nests, a Music box & blow bubbles, a two sided girl, one good and one bad and Dogs living happily ever after!!

The creativity flowed until 7pm that night!!



and let's not forget about the PINK ELEPHANT!!!


After all was said and done, I have to say, I had the most spectacular day!! I feel extremely blessed to have been lucky enough to share my day with such creative spirits and look forward to doing it again next year!!

3 comments:

Grace said...

The Pink Pig!!! hahaha! This was a beautiful Party event. Wow is all I can say...I felt so relaxed and so much to look at...from the decor to the food it was incredible! I promise to blog tonight! Thank you for having me there it was a pleasure and honor! Grace xoxo

Geralyn Gray said...

I just read Grace's post and hopped right over.....what a spectacular event you held......it involved all the senses...you are a wonderful hostess.....it was a pleasure to meet you....I was trying to keep that quiet in case Marlene didn't know you came to visit.....shhh I won't tell.

nouveaux-portmanteau said...

Aww, thanks Grace and Geralyn..It was alot of fun and a pleasure to do. You all inspired me to create a special day!! Next time, you will have to come Geralyn!! It was fun to meet you too! Loved your shop!! Can not wait to take classes!! Looking forward in particular to Marlene's crown class!! OH!! I let the cat out of the bag!! I told Marlene I stopped there!! ;p See you soon!!